October 6, 2020

City leaders to give update on the future of the Electric Works project

City leaders to give update on the future of the Electric Works project


FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) – City leaders are expected to give an update on the future of the Electric Works project late Tuesday morning.

The news conference is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. at Citizens Square.

You can watch the news conference live here.

Back in August, the City Development Commission canceled an agreement with the Electric Works developers RTM Ventures, putting the $280-million revitalization of the abandoned General Electric campus in major jeopardy.

In the meantime, Fort Wayne City Council is waiting to vote on a resolution that would start an investigation into the termination of the Electric Works deal. Members said they want to give the city time to see if a new deal can be reached.

Council members Tom Didier and Glynn Hines told ABC21 a meeting took place last month between Mayor Tom Henry and a group of businessmen led by Tom Kelley and Chuck Surack. They discussed plans to move forward on the project with developer RTM Ventures.

Hines also confirmed there are other potential developers who are interested in the project. He said one of the five businessmen involved is investing.

ABC21 Reporter Jeff Neumeyer will have the latest reaction from city leaders on ABC21 News at 5 and 6 p.m.



Click Here To Read Original Story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *