May 8, 2020

Bull knocks out electricity for 700 Scots homes scratching ‘itchy bum’ on pole forcing mortified owner to apologise

Bull knocks out electricity for 700 Scots homes scratching 'itchy bum' on pole forcing mortified owner to apologise


A bull caused a massive power outage after it scratched it’s ‘itchy bum’ with an electricity pole.

Ron the bull left 700 homes in Chapelton and Strathaven without power last night in the shocking incident.

The animal survived a stunning 11,000 volts and escaped thankfully with only a large bump on his head.



He was using the pole to scratch his bottom

After using the electricity pole to scratch his behind, the animal knocked off the transformer box plunging the area into darkness.

Now his owner Hazel Laughton, 35, from East Shawtonhill farm in Chapelton is considering renaming the bull ‘Sparky’.

Speaking to the Daily Record she said: “Last night he was scratching on the pole and knocked the full transformer box, it was lying on the ground this morning.

“I think he got a bit of a shock because he was a bit slow and strange this morning but he will be fine.

“He is relaxing out in the sun watching the guys fix it now.

Read More

Top news stories today

“I don’t know how he is alive but we are glad he is.

“We are going to build a fence around the pole so it doesn’t happen again.”

Hazel apologised to the community after the incident in a now viral Facebook post.

She added: “Our bull Ron would like to apologise to everyone in Chapelton and Strathaven for causing last night’s power cut to over 700 homes”





Click Here To Read Original Story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *